Effective Date: 10/26/2020
Location Engine is committed to providing users of our Service with the best experience possible while endeavoring to minimize the amount of personal information we collect from you. This is a core value of our business and a mission we align our business practices to.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Other Personal Information.
Deidentified or Aggregate Information.
SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information You Provide.
Personal Information Collected Automatically.
Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitating online advertising.
Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are typically used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked, typically to compile statistics about usage of websites and the success of marketing campaigns.
Personal Information Obtained from Third Parties.
Users of the Service may have the opportunity to refer friends and other contacts to us and share their contact information with us. Please do not refer someone to us or share their contact information with us unless you have their permission to do so.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- provide you with the content, features, products and services that you request;
- respond to your questions, requests, and conversations with our virtual assistant;
- communicate with you about the Service (including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages);
- understand your interests, personalize your experience on the Service, and deliver information about products and services relevant to your interests; and
- respond to your inquiries and requests for customer support, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
To Create Anonymous Data.
For Marketing and Advertising.
Compliance and Protection.
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Authorities and Others.
Most browsers let you remove and/or stop accepting cookies from the websites you visit. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser’s settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all functionality of the Service and our Site may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
We use Google Analytics to help us understand user activity and patterns on the Site. You can learn more about Google Analytics cookies by clicking here and about how Google protects your data by clicking here. You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Site by downloading and installing a browser plugin available here.
Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
OTHER SITES AND SERVICES
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Location Engine is based in the United States of America. If you are from a country outside of the United States of America with laws governing data collection, use, and disclosure that may differ from U.S. law and you provide personal information to us, please note that any personal information that you provide to us may be transferred to the United States of America. By providing your personal information, where applicable law permits, you hereby specifically and expressly consent to such transfer and processing and the collection, use, and disclosure set forth herein or in any applicable terms of service.
RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA
- Access to Your Personal Information. You may request access to your personal information by contacting us as described below. We will grant you reasonable access to the data that we have about you as required by law.
- Opt-Out of Sales. If we sell your personal information, you can opt-out. In addition, if you direct us not to sell your personal information, we will consider it a request pursuant to California’s “Shine the Light” law to stop sharing your personal information covered by that law with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
- No Fee Usually Required. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee or decline to comply with your request if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive.
- What We May Need from You. When exercising your rights or otherwise assisting you, we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity. This is a security measure to ensure we do not disclose personal information to any person who is not entitled to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
- Time to Respond. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within 30 days of your request. Occasionally it may take us longer than 30 days to respond, for instance if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you of the delay, and may continue to update you regarding the progress of our response.
- No Discrimination. You will not be subject to discrimination as a result of exercising the rights described herein. In some cases, when you exercise one of your rights, we will be unable to comply with the request due to legal obligations or otherwise, or we will be unable to provide you certain products or services. These responses are not discrimination and our reasons for declining your request or ceasing services will be provided at that time.
- Authorized Agent. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you must provide the requester’s proof of identification and the authorized agent’s proof of identification.
Airport Engine, Inc.
Attn: Location Engine Privacy Agent
80 Nassau Street, Suite 601
New York, NY 10038